Why Do I Need a Carbon Filter?
The extractor fan in your grow room removes hot, stale air and excess moisture from your grow room, which in turn draws fresh air in, controlling the environment and replacing CO2. If you’re growing plants that have strong, unwanted odours, you’re going to need to filter this air first before ducting it to an outside point. Your carbon filter attaches to your extractor fan – air gets sucked through an outer layer of mesh and through an internal layer of carbon before passing through your extraction system. It then leaves clean and free of any odours, keeping unwanted smells locked firmly inside the grow space.
Airflow rates are a very important part of your grow room set-up and warrant serious consideration. If too much ‘drag’ is caused by the filter, your extraction system won’t work to its full potential: you’ll move less air through the grow space, temps will rise and CO2 levels won’t be replenished adequately, slowing down the process of photosynthesis and limiting plant growth. Maintaining a solid environment is easily the quickest route to successful growing.
- Kills grow room smells stone dead without stifling your fans power
- Hand built to an incredibly high standard – quality approved by Systemair
- Pairs perfectly with Revolution fans
- Machine washable pre-filter sleeve included and pre-fitted
- Maintain high performance levels at the rated airflows for at least 18 months