SHOGUN FERTILISERS ZENZYM
The masters at Shogun Fertilisers have been hard at work developing a new addition to the Shogun Nutrients Range that will enhance your plant’s root zone environment and, in turn, lead to improved plant health and yield.
Zen Zyme reinvigorates the growth media by breaking down and re-using dead root material and plant matter that will, in turn, promote increased root growth and enhance the overall health of the plant’s root system.
The beneficial enzymes that makeup Shogun Zenzym are a mixture of cellulase, xylanase, pectinase and glucanase. These immediately get to work unlocking valuable nutrients by breaking down plant debris and old root matter and converting them into minerals and sugars, making readily available nutrients to your plants.
Growth media that is left containing old plant and root material can also be a breeding ground for nasties such as pests, pathogens and harmful bacteria that can lead to irreversible disease and damage, which could also impact your plant’s yield potential. But by using Zenzym and breaking down this matter, you will not only reduce the spread of harmful bacteria but also free up precious pockets of oxygen around the root system, aiding in the formation of increased root networks.
- Helps to keep recirculating systems clean, while increasing the longevity of pumps and preventing dripper and pump blockages
- Destroys harmful organisms that live off nutrient flows to your plant, making nutrient uptake more efficient.
- Breaks down dead root debris in the growth media/system, releasing nutrients back to the plants
- Allows for the re-use/recycling of growth media such as coir fibre for another cycle due to the natural enzymes breaking down bacteria and other material
- Designed to work between a pH of 3-6.5, perfect for hydroponic systems and rootzone, but will remain effective up to a pH of 7.
DIRECTIONS OF USE:
- This product and be used with all types of growth media and in all Hydroponic systems. Use Zen Zyme in conjunction with your regular nutrient programme, as this is a bio-stimulant and is not a complete feed.
- Root Feed – Add at a rate of 2.5ml/L to your watering can or reservoir and start applying as soon as you have planted out and throughout until harvest.
THE TECHNICAL BIT
Zenzym works by breaking the 1.4-beta linkages in glucan molecules in a process called hydrolysis, working similarly to an exfoliator by removing a layer of hardened root sheath. Zenzym originates from Trichoderma sp and Humicola sp of fungus, and contains many impactful enzymes; below is a breakdown of 5 of the most important Enzymes in the formula.
- Cellulase – Breaks down cellulose, the starchy material in plant matter, by a process known as hydrolysis. Glucose or other sugars are produced as a result.
- Xylanase – Breaks down one of the major components in plant cell walls, the polysaccharide xylan into xylose.
- Pectinase– Breaks down pectin, a polysaccharide found in plant cell walls.
- Beta glucanase – The enzyme aids in the autolysis of yeast cells to release polysaccharides and mannoproteins.
- Ferulic acid esterase (Hemicellulase) – Releases Ferulic acid from cell walls. Ferulic acid aids with cell wall rigidity, acting as a crosslink between the lignins and polysaccharides found in the lignocellulose of plant cell walls. This works best in the presence of xylanase and other enzymes.
What is Zenzym?
Zenzym is a specially crafted enzyme product that is designed to give your root zone a deep clean. It consists of multiple enzymes that have different roles when breaking down dead root matter. This includes cellulase, xylanase, pectinase, beta-glucanase and hemicellulase to name a few. The division of labour between these enzymes is what makes our product so efficient at breaking down dead roots fast.
How does it work? How is the media recycled?
It works by accelerating the breakdown of dead root matter. Consequently, Zenzym helps plants realise their uptake potential, by freeing up absorption sites on root surfaces. up nutrients and increases the resistance against diseases. Enzymes are substances that speed up the reactions in living organisms.
When should I use “Zenzym“?
You can start using Zenzym from your rooting cube all the way through your vegetative growth cycle. You can continue all the way through flowering until the final flush. Remember Zenzym can be used outside of the growth cycle to prepare or recondition media as well.
Is Zenzym necessary?
It depends on your goals. If you want to reuse media, increase the life of pumps, prevent dripper blockages or prevent harmful disease, it is a definite must. Zenzym is truly one of a kind; while we believe you can still grow plants without it if you want to achieve elite-level growing yields, it is an addition that can’t be skipped.
What is the main difference between “Zenzym” and “Katana Roots”?
Zenzym and Katana roots are 2 completely different products; while they both benefit the root zone, they do so in different ways. Katana roots stimulate root growth through naturally derived biostimulant components. In contrast, Zenzyme rapidly breaks down dead root cells into beneficial sugars and minerals that will be recycled into the plant to be used as energy and nutrients. Zenzym behaves like an exfoliator. It cleans up root surfaces to increase the bioavailability of the root zone.
Can this be used with organic products?
Is there anything you can’t use it with?
Do not use this with any aggressive chemicals like hydrogen peroxide. While hydrogen peroxide only slows down the activity of the enzymes in our product, we suggest using them separately and not together. Also, when you use it in a bubbler, you will experience more foam than usual, but the product will still work.
Does it get rid of the existing disease?
Zenzym does not get rid of existing disease; it helps prevent it; the addition of the Zenzym will aid in the prevention of biofilms and the formation of harmful pathogens like pythium.
Is Zenzym affected by PH or temperature?
Zenzym does not change the pH of your solution, and It works better at lower pH, like 5.5 instead of 6.5. Remember, metabolic reactions work better under warm conditions, so the slightly warmer water temperature is optimal. Too low/high a PH will denature the enzymes in the solution, which is why we advise staying away from harsh chemicals.
Shogun Zenzym Feeding Chart
For Hydro, Coco, and Soil in both Soft and Hard Water Areas:
- Integrate Shogun Zenzym into your regular feeding regimen.
- Apply the specified amount per litre of water during the indicated weeks.
- During the final week, flush your system with water only.
Remember to monitor your plants closely and adjust the dosage as necessary for your specific growing conditions and plant needs.