Highly effective biological root protector Trichoderma + ultimate protection from root zone problems in hot weather
Root protection is a major concern for all gardeners: in soil where root access is difficult, and in hydroponics where the root zone access is easy, but roots are left relatively exposed to pathogens. And given how much effort we put into building a healthy root mass, it’s common sense to protect that investment: Pythium, Fusarium, Verticillium and other fungal and bacterial pathogens can wreak havoc in hydroponic systems, especially in hot weather, where mould is more of an aerial pathogen, problems can develop practically overnight.
There are several “solutions” available on the market, from UV sterilisation to commercial fungicides from the garden centre, but they all have drawbacks: from expense, complexity and dubious results, to toxicity and dangers to health from fungicides.
Happily, there is a highly effective solution with no such risks attached: Trikologic S.
To create the most effective protection possible, we tested all the strains currently used as “beneficials” and isolated the most effective, and fastest acting combination (too many strains and there is a fight to get established and provide protection: that’s no use with fast growing crops).
Trikologic S’s well-balanced mix of beneficial microorganisms gets to work right away and will protect the entire root mass of your plants from pathogenic fungi by forming a protective barrier that inhibits pathogen growth, propagation, and survival.
This gives you the most resilient protection against root pathogens available. And thanks to the same high-quality Trichoderma as our Trikologic mix, Trikologic S also decomposes unwanted organic matter debris in nutrient solution transforming this potential source of disease into a supplement of minerals readily available to your plants.
How to use Trikologic S:
Trikologic S is a natural, 100% organic protector, and so works best as a preventative. As with all aerobic microorganisms, the better the oxygen supply, and the more stable pH, temperature and humidity are, the healthier and more effective Trikologic S will be.
- As a drench when sowing seeds, and as an additive to water/nutrient for seedlings, young, and adult plants: add 1g for every 15 to 20 litres of water or nutrient solution every 6 to 8 weeks.
- For adult plants, in soil or coco: add 10g for every 150 to 200 litres of water or nutrient solution every 6 to 8 weeks; just add to your water/nutrient system, or water directly onto substrate.
- In pure, bare root hydroponics and bioponics: When plants are young and have small root systems, Trikologic S needs a base to regroup and reproduce: to provide this use a commercially available biofilter unit, or suspend a 3 to 5L plastic basket filled with 80% clay pebbles and 20% coco coir under falling water in your tank, e.g. under the return of our AeroFlo systems.
Use Trikologic S with:
- All GHE nutrients and substrates, in hydroponics and outdoor gardening.
- Pro Organic and other organic nutrients work particularly well with GHE Trikologic S