Westland Farmyard Manure is the perfect soil conditioner that provides the essential nutrients needed for higher crop yields. It breaks down naturally in the soil, releasing these nutrients, as well as a rich, natural source of organic matter and humus.
Westland Farmyard Manure is perfect for mulching and incorporating during planting. It is also perfect for conditioning the soil for the healthy development of plants, fruits and vegetables.
• Perfect soil conditioner – improves soil structure
• Replenishes depleted soils
• Supports strong establishment
• Rich source of organic matter
• For higher crop yields
• Works best with beds & borders, vegetable plots, roses and trees & shrubs
How to use
Improving soil structure / soil fertility
• Spread a thick later 3-4cm deep over the soil surface
• Using a fork work into the top 15-20cm of the soil surface
• When dug into clay or heavy soils it will create a much more open structure and improve drainage. For sandy soils it will improve soil structure.
Mulching beds & borders
• Apply a thick layer 3-4cm deep over the soil surface
• Spread evenly around the existing plants
Planting out roses, trees or shrubs
• Dig a hole approx. twice the depth and diameter of the root ball
• Mix 1 part manure with 5 parts soil. Add this new mix back into the planting hole
• Place plant in planting hole
• Fill gaps with new compost, firm down and water